Sunday, July 14, 2019

Seattle ~2

We scheduled a late flight out so we could spend one more day in Seattle. We didn't pay to go to the top of the Space Needle. We thought it was overpriced [although we might regret that]. But we did spend time exploring the Seattle Center.
Enjoying a treat from the ShishkaBerry's truck
A stick of GIANT strawberries covered in chocolate ... yes please!! 
We went pretty basic, but you could get all sorts of concoctions.
I had read before our trip that Kerry Park in the Queen Anne neighborhood provided a competitive view of Seattle for those who opt to not do the Space Needle.
I would have to agree
A great view of Mount Rainier as well.
We {I} needed food before heading to the airport. We used the light rail system again to transport around the city and headed to the downtown area to find something to eat. 
The stellar online reviews were conflicting with the shady area of this establishment. With the endorsement of a local couple sitting out front and the droves of fans grabbing a bite before heading to the baseball game, we figured it had to be good. Besides, we have learned that looks can be deceiving.
The place was sketchy. I think there may have been a drug deal taking place out back ... no joke! 
But ... the food was delicious!! 
We headed to the airport and were soon on our way home. I am so glad we had the opportunity to check out Seattle, it would be worth the trip by itself.  But our Alaskan Cruise has my heart. 
I get giddy just thinking about the possibility of ever going again.
💛

No comments:

Post a Comment