Saturday, July 6, 2019

Hometown 4th

Due to our cruise, we weren't able to go to Yellowstone as we traditionally do. I am certainly not complaining about the cruise, and although everyone was a bit disappointed initially, it gave us a chance to experience the 4th in our hometown. There has been a lot of hype around Wellington's parade and celebration for Independence Day. We met our friends, the Leach's for the parade. 
Are we small town parade snobs? ... I guess it's possible, but with all the talk I think we were expecting more. I do love a small town parade and that Wellington's like Cody's, draws nearly everyone in town. I think people that live in bigger cities/communities don't appreciate a parade like us small town folks do.
We spent the day taking in the festivities. The city park has live music and booths set up for shopping. Honestly, that was a bit of a crowd nightmare for me.
The car show is a BIG DEAL and it was fun looking at the old cars even though we are not really car people. 
We went home so Emm could make some cupcakes she had been dreaming about. She delivered a plate to our neighbor Len.
She made sure to remember Stewy ❤
It was a busy afternoon for this girl . ... chalk art project.
By evening, a major thunder storm rolled in.  It threatened to delay if not cancel the firework show. Some amazing clouds though!
Our neighbors decided once the rain died down, they were going to disregard the firework ban (for residents) and set some off in the street. 
Ultimately, the show did go on for the Town of Wellington. It was just delayed almost an hour. We were able to see then pretty well from our driveway so decided not to drive over to the park.
I missed being in Yellowstone, but am glad that we had a good reason to stay home and take part in our local celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment