Our year on Van Lennen Avenue came to an end. Although it was not ideal and we knew it was temporary, it was home to us for that time and with that comes a certain amount of attachment. We were excited to get into "our home", but there are things that we will definitely miss about living here that I want to remember.....
Our huge front window that let in beautiful natural light and allowed us to watch the world go by on the street {or the snow fall}
Walking. To the Library....to the capitol.....to the Smoothie shop.....around downtown.... near the hospital (if we needed it)....through old neighborhoods.....we LOVED LOVED LOVED having things accessible through walking.
I will especially miss walks with Mark, daydreaming about living in an old renovated house (me) and ideas for our own landscape (Mark) as we solved the worlds problems (okay, maybe just our own)
The tight quarters we shared that forced us to be closer as a family {literally;} We shared 2 bedrooms and 1 bath in less than 900 sq ft of living space in a 1920's house and we actually managed just fine. No, it wasn't ideal, but bigger is not always better.
Our resident squirrel, Larry and his family, Mary, Harry, Jarry, and Barry. They provided us hours of entertainment on the property.
Raccoon watching late at night or early morning.....
Small schools (at least Elementary). This was abnormal for Cheyenne in general, but we ended up at one of the smaller schools in the district and I loved it. I did not love that the same school was split at 2 different campuses, but that actually added to the small feel. I also love that they were a little on the old side...I find that kinda charming.
The Laramie County Library...we took lots of walks and bike rides to that beautiful building. I always said that I could spend all day there just sitting in a comfy chair by the huge windows. It never happened, but I could have:) The good news is that it's not too far for us to still visit occasionally.
Meeting my man for lunch....and having a few more quick options (although we chose Panda more often than not)
The massive C130 cargo planes that the Air Force would fly over our heads multiple times a day.
Yes....I think we were all anxious to get to a place that we could call our own, but there is good in every experience and we all learned new things about ourselves and our surroundings while living in the Capitol city in our little bungalow on Van Lennen Ave.
Maybe love does grow best in little houses;)











What a fun house. I had no idea it was such close living quarters. I do miss that big front window at Mom and Dad's house. Something so calming about watching life through a big front window.
ReplyDelete