Thursday, October 30, 2014

15

Say it isn't so!!  Well it IS so....our bug turned 15 on June 26th.  I am in awe of this girl of mine! I have been thinking about me at her age and comparing the similarities and differences. Like me, she has never been in a big hurry to grow up.  She enjoys being young and playing (yes...playing, which kids quit doing too quickly in my opinion).  She doesn't feel the need to be like every other teenage girl her age or fit into a mold.  Unlike me at 15, she is much more level headed.  She is strong and confident and knows who she is. At 15 I was very interested in boys and had already been on a date (gasp) with Mark.  Although I wouldn't trade the guy for anything, we both agree that 15 is way too young for a boyfriend (my poor parents). Bay is not really into the whole boy thing yet.  She has plans and goals and is dedicated to them. Honestly, if she had a boyfriend right now I think it would kill me:/  I love that she is so NOT high maintenance (maybe emotionally at times), but she really appreciates the simple and is easy to please.  This girl is spiritually strong....so much more than I was at her age...or maybe even now.  She has a relationship with God and she always wants to do the right thing.  She sets an example for the rest of us for sure.  I could go on and on...but I will just say that I am thankful every.single.day that this little bundle came to us 15 years ago (and 5 weeks early;)  

Her request for breakfast was Crepes ...of course.
 She opened a card from Gpa & Gma Smith and a new skirt with top from Gpa & Gma Fortie.
 Then it was off to Girls Camp with the Cheyenne ward.  
Love that these 2 have each other.
 Since she would be spending her birthday at camp, Emmrey and I planned a surprise.  We got her a cake and arranged to sneak it in with her camp leader so they could sing to her and have cake later that night.
When she got home 2 days later, she was greeted with this 15 balloon display that Emm wanted to make. 
 The birthday person gets to choose their dinner too, either where we go out or what to make at home. She had asked for homemade Taquitos for her dinner.
 In true Bailee fashion, there were 3 things on her wish list...new sunglasses, a new H2O bottle, and hiking pants.
 Her sisters also surprised her with a new season of Little House on the Prairie.  She is a big fan, and I always say she was meant to grow up in that era:)
 Her treat was Strawberry Shortcake...
 Happy 15th Birthday Bug!! We love you the most:}

1 comment:

  1. Wow, time flies. Time to get that girl behind the wheel soon...yikes! Love the kissing pics you do every birthday, so cute!

    ReplyDelete