We closed on our house and had to be out of the rental the last day of May. School in Cheyenne didn't get out until the following week. So....we (okay really Mark) drove the girls back and forth to finish up. It was a nice way for Mark to break in the commuting life. He would drop off the girls, head to work, pick them up at 3:30 and they would hang out at his office for a while until he was done for the day. A couple of the days I drove over for different school events, so then I would bring them home instead. We put together a little something to thank the teachers for a great year...gotta appreciate those teachers;)
These are the pictures I used for the signed frames that have become a tradition. Both Karsyn and Emmrey had a pretty nice group of kids in their class.
| {Crazy bunch of 6th graders} |
| {Cute little gang of 1st graders} |
Emm said goodbye to Mrs. Flock. She was so good for Emmrey. She recognized her advanced reading skills and her need to be challenged and got her into an after school enrichment program...which Emmrey LOVED! She created a classroom of high expectation and social order and it worked well for Emmrey.
We will miss her:)
Kars said goodbye to Mrs. Norgauer. She related pretty well to those 6th grade kiddos...she was fun (most of the time) and laughed a lot, which Karsyn likes. I liked that she recognized and appreciated Karsyn's good character and always made sure to point it out.
Bailee said goodbye to a whole lot of teachers and kids, but when you put her in charge of getting some a photo of the last day, you end up having to take one yourself when she comes home;)
It's okay...I love her despite it.
I'd say these girls of ours did pretty darn well at their new schools, in a new town, with new people. I am so proud of each of them!!
Looks like it was a great year, love the photo idea for the teachers. I may have to steal that one.
ReplyDelete