Bailee's 14th birthday began with breakfast in bed. She chose blueberry muffins...we added some eggs and fruit.
Emmrey was obsessed with getting balloons so she could practice blowing them up. I am not a fan of latex balloons...bit of a phobia:) But I picked some up and she was pretty dedicated to getting them blown up by herself. She was a little bummed that they wouldn't stay in the air, so I had to explain that air filled balloons are different than helium filled. They had fun hitting them around and it made Emm so happy!!
We did our best to find the birthday and photo garland. I have to say that I am loving this fireplace!! It makes the room cozier and it is a nice focal point for things like this:)
Mark worked a half day and when he got home, we headed to Vedauwoo for a picnic and a little rock climbin'/hiking. We told Bailee she could pick anything (within reason) to do for her birthday and this is what she chose. I think it was a little different for her this year, not having friends around, but she always keeps such a good attitude and she actually likes spending time with us:)

We packed a picnic and found a flat rock to eat on. It was HOT and the wind that so often we curse actually felt nice.
We made Bay hunt for her gifts. We gave her directions using North, East, South or West and landmark rocks (like go northwest to the heart rock) She found them all pretty easily....with her assistants in tow:)
This girl did not have anything on her wish list except for hiking pants (which we could not find in her length). I really did not want to just buy her something and then have her decide she really wanted something different. Sooo we gave her a box with a pull tab that was attached to 5 dollar bills...that just kept going:) It makes the gift giving a little less exciting, but she was thrilled just the same.
She had a few other little surprises. Emm spent an afternoon making her several beaded bracelets.
She also got her some new PJ's....
And surprised her with Le Mis....which she thinks is the best.movie.ever!!!
Since Vedauwoo is located between Cheyenne and Laramie. We had come here before with Bailee when we lived in Laramie. We have some pictures there, but she doesn't remember it. The girls had fun decided what certain rocks looked like. This one was either an apple core, a mushroom,a bone, or and ice cream cone?
We had so much fun climbing and exploring. Yes, there were times mom was a little stressed out about the possibility of kiddos slipping or getting hurt, but we made it without any serious injuries.
We got home in time for a stop by the house to get cleaned up and head downtown for dinner. Bailee's choice was Pizzeria Venti.
Her last request of the day was to stop by Barnes & Noble for a book purchase. Looks like she has plenty to keep her busy this summer...I am hoping to borrow!!
By the time we got back it was getting late. Bailee had thought Strawberry Shortcake sounded like a good alternative to cake and ice cream. Karsy had decided she wanted to make Bay a cake for her gift...so we had both:) She did such a good job!!
This coming year may be more challenging than most....big changes can be hard. I keep reminding my girls [and myself;] that we can do hard things!! I hope good things come this year and all of your wishes come true Bay!!
You are such a special girl Bailee Bug!! We love you to pieces:)



Looks like a really fun birthday, love she chose to spend her money on books..good job Mom!
ReplyDelete