We have been having Art Shows around here lately. Both happened during the week that Bay was at swim camp. One night Mark was gone as well, so Karsy and I were "guests" at the show featuring the artist "Alise Rocks" (aka Emmrey:). We roamed around the gallery to appreciate the art displayed.
Then the artist herself came in and gave a presentation....(coffee mug in hand, of course;)
The following night when Mark returned, another Art Show was put on....and Karsy and I had the privilege of attending for a second night in a row (we have all learned to be good sports). This time there were 2 artists featured. Billy Bob came and talked to us about the series "Mr. Hungry Fish" that he wrote. He also showcased the sculpture of Mr. Hungry Fish created by Alise.
Then Alise Rocks returned to share some different techniques.
There was a hands on Art activity that involved flour, spices, and dried flowers.
And just as the first show, we were treated to refreshments.
I love to see what she pulls together for her treats. This time it was Energy Bites, carrots, salad scraps, lemonade and ....pickles. Yes, that's right....she put out a jar of pickles and was deeply offended that nobody was taking one. So I did what any good mom would do....
This girl LOVES to make things. She is going to be an artist someday I tell ya...or something creative:)
No comments:
Post a Comment