In some ways I can't believe it has already been a week since we arrived, in others it seems like a lifetime since we were in Cody....we miss it everyday!! It has been a busy week..trying to get settled and make this place feel like a home. My plan is to unpack as little as possible. I dread having to box everything up again in 6 months. But at the same time, I want the girls to have the things that make them feel at home:) While most of us unloaded and unpacked....
others watched it all unfold from above on the odd little "balcony":)
And when their little friends were unpacked, they gave them much needed haircuts...for real;)
We have spent most nights taking walks and exploring the neighborhood. We are in very close proximity to downtown, so we can walk to all sorts of neat places.
We found the Library one evening and had fun exploring there. This was the kids floor...
The Library is 3 stories with huge windows that overlook the town below. You can see the top of the capitol off to the left of Emmrey
There is a huge cemetery just a few blocks from the house, so one evening after dinner we walked around there...(I know it seems creepy, but it was in daylight). We found some pretty neat headstones like this one for Nellie Tayloe Ross, who was the first female governor elected in the US and the only female elected in Wyoming...I thought it was pretty cool!!
We also walked to the Post Office one afternoon and found a Smoothie shop we will definitely frequent:)
We have spent a fair amount of time looking at different options for a more permanent home. Mark is really liking the idea of living in Wellington Co, which is about 30 miles south of Cheyenne. We went out there and looked at some land that is for sale.
Lots of things to figure out and decisions that need to be made in the near future. This place is so different from Cody, but we are all trying to see the positives and hope that we begin to feel more comfortable with this change!!

.jpg)





Wow what an exciting new chapter in your lives. I had no idea you had already moved..and will again in 6 months? Looks like a really fun place to live.
ReplyDelete