Friday, June 7, 2013

Drinkin' it in

Originally, I had big plans to have a list of things to do before we left Cody.  I soon realized that this was adding stress to a situation that did not need any extra stress.  I also knew that no matter how much I planned, we would not be able to check everything off and thus I would feel disappointed.  So....I decided to try and relax and just enjoy the time we had doing simple things.  The most important thing for us was that the girlies got to spend as much time as they needed with their friends.  So we did a lot of that!!

We did some walking around our quaint downtown

We bought one last critter to remember Cody....Nellie the Otter
We let Stewy run around the backyard one last time
 
 And said goodbye to our beloved playhouse

The day before we left...we had a family day up the North Fork.  We hiked a trail around Pahaska that we have cross country skied on many times.  It was an absolutely beautiful day.  We even saw a moose...
I am so glad we were able to spend our last little bit of time doing something that we have loved dearly about living in this area....something we will miss so much it makes us ache.  The hike was joyous...but the car ride was a bit somber as the upcoming reality was sinking in:(


It was the perfect ending to a pretty perfect place that we have been so blessed to call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment