Monday, August 22, 2016

end of summer

When we came home from Utah we had very little time (or so it seemed) before we were forced into thinking about school. A few random pics of the days before summer break came to an end. Our garden took a hit this year with some bug infestation. We didn't get any cucumbers which was a bummer, but we got plenty of zucchini. This is what you find when you leave for a week ... gigantic!
  The two high schoolers had check in days. I have to be creative sometimes about getting their picture. They can't understand why I need a picture of them going in or out of "Check In Day":)
 
 Emmrey soaked up some friend time. These two, along with another friend decided one afternoon (totally on a whim) to start a car washing business. They were wandering the neighborhood asking to wash peoples cars. Those little swindlers made 13.00
I have really been trying to get our photos/keepsakes more organized. It is way more time consuming that I ever imagined! I've been doing lots of scanning to save things digitally.
   Sucking up the last week of summer. Double fisting the popsicles ;)
Bailee had an appointment at Medical Center of the Rockies for an internship this spring. 
This girl is going places I tell ya!
  We had a pizza picnic in the park before the high school girls left us
 
  When pulling out lunch bags to get them ready for the new year .. this is what Kars found. Part of her last lunch from May. She wonders why I always ask "did you empty your lunch bag?"
 (apparently I forgot this day).
 We are pretty sure it was a pear, but can't be certain. So disgusting!
We also had a serious hail storm one afternoon. Didn't help our garden at all!
Emmrey and I went to an Ice Cream Social at school. This was before it officially started. She was hanging out with the other PTO board members kids.
Two days later everyone was in school:(

No comments:

Post a Comment