It isn't as if I didn't know this day would come. From a logistical standpoint it makes sense. However, the emotional part of me still cannot accept it. It happened just like that. From a chubby cheeked toddler with "bear and sugar-baby" in tow to a Poudre High School graduate dressed in a cap and gown. It feels like time is sand slipping through my hands and I just can't hold onto it no matter how hard I try.
In order to accommodate the numbers and all the high schools in the district, Poudre's graduation was at the Moby Arena on the CSU campus at 8 am. It was early and a little stressful making sure we got there in time to get seats that worked for everyone.
With around 400 graduates, they kept the program moving and it was over in about 1 1/2 hours which was nice. Bailee was recognized as a recipient of Academic Letter and Honor Cord, National Honor Society, as well as Top 10% of her class .... IMPRESSIVE! After three years, I still have doubts about our move and wonder if having our girls at such a big High School is right for them. Large and small schools both have their trade offs. It's a constant battle within me. I greatly dislike the distance from our house and the amount of time spent commuting back and forth, but I am certain that Poudre is a great school! Bay has been exposed to diversity that has enriched her high school experience. She has also had an abundance of opportunities that she wouldn't necessarily have had in a smaller school.
Poudre has a tradition of letting the graduates ask a staff member to hand them their diploma. Bay had requested Coach Breshears as her first choice and was super happy he was the one to congratulate her as she crossed the platform.
We waited a bit for the masses the clear out after the ceremony.
| Bay catching up with Gma Cheryl |
It was no surprise that afterward was crowded and hard to find people.
Bailee managed to find a few of her friends for a quick photo
Bailee managed to find a few of her friends for a quick photo
![]() |
| Bay and co-editor/friend Kenzi |
| Amanda, Bay and Bri |
After a rough couple days of weather (wet heavy snow) prior to Graduation, I was pleasantly surprised that by Saturday morning it had cleared up and the sun was shining:) Made me happy we could take pictures outside. And there were a lot of pictures to be taken.
We were thrilled that my parents and my sister Ashlee were able to fly out to commemorate this special event with us.
These girls were pretty proud of their big sis! She has set a great example for them to follow.
The entire graduation gang. So grateful for family support.
I am beyond proud of this girl! She accomplished so much more than I ever did in High School and has exceeded my expectations in so many ways. She inspires me with her dedication to whatever task she is given and her desire to succeed regardless of the recognition.
We let Bailee choose our brunch destination. She likes to try new places and picked a local establishment called Butters. From the outside it's an unassuming little hole in the wall, while inside it's a pretty hip little eatery. The food was delicious and everyone seemed to love what they ordered.
Gma Cheryl even finished her entire waffle ... and that is saying a lot;)
Gma Cheryl even finished her entire waffle ... and that is saying a lot;)
I have not doubt that this girl can achieve anything she sets her mind to.
I cannot wait to see what her future holds:)
I cannot wait to see what her future holds:)


No comments:
Post a Comment