Karsyn's 15th birthday started bright and early ... we're talking 8:45;) She was a better sport about it than last year and at least let me take a picture of her breakfast in bed.
I am ashamed to say that with the busyness of graduation and teaching full time the last several weeks of school, her birthday snuck up on me. I really thought I had another week. We had talked numerous times about how she wanted to celebrate and she would tell me she'd "have the think about it". Kars has a bit of a "go big or go home" philosophy when it comes to gifts or celebrations so when her idea to go to Elitch Gardens in Denver didn't pan out, she didn't have a back up idea. She did however, know that she wanted to get her ears pierced on her birthday. She has never had any interest in this and I assumed she would just never do it (which is totally fine). But here she goes surprising us again! We decided to go to Claire's where Emmrey had done hers a couple years back. This time we were wiser and turned down the 14K gold option even though they are "recommended for the best healing". No ... not this time. We would rather take our chances with her ears and walk out the door not feeling like we'd been robbed.
She was trying really hard to hide it, but she was so scared!
I already knew that Karsyn's ear lobes were a little uneven (most peoples aren't completely symmetrical) but we discovered they were also a slightly different shape which was interesting.
She chose some simple diamond studs and picked out some pearls for when she can change them in 6 weeks.
We said she could pick anywhere (our girls know that means within reason;) for lunch. She chose Chick-Fil-A.
I think she really just wanted a Frosted Lemonade.
We ate lunch near a Target so we went in to look around for a while. Kars was super upset that we wouldn't buy her this jacket. Pretty sure she could pull it off (maybe in the right size).
On our drive back home, we saw this sight on the overpass. I had kinda forgot it was also Memorial Day. I think the last time that happened was 2006. There was also an afternoon shower brewin' just like the day she was born and many birthday's since.
Our Eva Lu gets fixated on something that piques her interest and becomes a bit obsessed. It usually takes over her time/mind until the next thing comes along. It makes life interesting and sometimes maddening;) We don't watch award shows, but ever since she heard about the Oscar goof up for best picture ... she was infatuated with LA LA LAND. I had never even heard of it. She begged to go see it and when she could wait no more, she somehow accessed it online (possibly illegally;) and watched it. I was totally planning on a date with her, but I like to wait for them to come to our discount theater. Kars on the other hand wants what she wants ... NOW! The point is ... we have been listening to music from this movie in our house on a daily basis for months so I made an attempt to decorate LA LA LAND style for her dinner.
I was incredibly surprised to learn that it was a musical. She does like to surprise us! I think we all felt like we had already seen it because Kars was so crazy about it.
After dinner she opened some gifts. Bailee gave her some new shorts/tank to wear to the gym.
She also made her a pretty humorous/sweet card:)
Emmrey also made her a card and bought her some gum which will probably last a week at most. They two of them also gave Kars some $ so she could get an app for her guitar practice.
| I spy ...... |
Along with the ear piercing, Mark and I gave her a new hat, sandals, curling wand, wave ring and .....
LA LA LAND! I've kinda moved away from buying movies, but I couldn't help it. She wanted it so so bad. We ended up watching it later that night. I thought it was pretty great!
We played a game of Farkle
before having Cheesecake and Root Beer Floats
With each passing year, this girl surprises me more and more. I am so incredibly proud of the young woman she is growing into. Here's to the ones who dream .....I hope all her wishes come true this year.
This is how she feels about our kiss picture (or too much affection). Although she has started giving me more hugs than she ever has before:))
Happy 15th Lu ... we love you the most!





No comments:
Post a Comment