Thursday, June 8, 2017

End of Year

School wrapped up in May as usual and was crazy busy as usual. I was asked to take over for a 3rd grade teacher who was out on maternity leave the last 5 weeks of school. It wasn't that long of a stint, but teaching full time and keeping up with things at home kicked my butt!  It would be a huge adjustment if I ever have my own classroom. I did this last year as well, but it was different in Art. This time took me back to my student teaching and I was surprised how quickly I got attached to these kids and felt like they were mine. It helped that they are a sweet group! 
my 3rd grade rugrats :)
On the last day of school (which was a half day) we invited parents to join us for Root Beer floats and I made a slideshow of pictures to share .. they love seeing themselves. Mrs. Etheredge also stopped in to say goodbye for the summer. She was Emm's teacher last year, so Emmrey came across the hall to visit.
I made each of the kids these Character Rocks. I chose a positive character trait that I thought of for them and then signed the back. They LOVED this! I heard of a school that does this and by the time the kids leave they have a different rock from each year in Elementary:)

My sweet 3rd graders were generous with little notes and goodies for me. 

One little girl had heard me mention I liked Panda and she gave me this on the last day. 
It was used right away:)
The best part of teaching everyday was being across the hall from Emm and finding little notes like this when she stopped in.

We put together a little something for Ms. Vance. She loves owls and so I attempted to do a collage of her 4th graders in the shape of an owl for her classroom.
I could not have picked a better teacher for Emm. I may say that almost every year, but I mean it. She has a big heart and truly cares for the kids in her room. Just what every parent wants:) 
Besides being a loving teacher, she became a true friend.
We didn't want to forget to thank Barb the bus driver for all the rides this year.
It was a great, albeit busy end of the year. I had a wonderful experience in third grade and had a phenomenal team of teachers to work with. There was mental and physical "release" as we walked through the doors at home that afternoon. It is always interesting to see what has been stashed in the backpacks/desks all year. Emmrey is quite a little collector!

No comments:

Post a Comment