Monday, June 19, 2017

Fathers Day and Mount Margaret

Mark proposed an early morning hike for Father's Day weekend. Bailee and Karsyn were less than excited about getting up early on a Saturday. We have learned through lots of experience, it's not worth dragging unenthused hikers along. It's better for everyone:) We set out for Red Feather Lakes area to hike the Mount Margaret trail. It was pretty flat, making the 7 miles feel effortless.
Emmrey came along while the other two slept. I don't think she even asked "how much longer" on this one.
Always eager to climb any big climbable structure!
About half way we ran into a large herd of cattle
It was a fabulous hike! We missed our older two but enjoyed some time with this little one.
On Father's Day we kept things low key with a BBQ. 
Bay made this really delicious Cucumber Salsa....yummy!
Mark received a few gifts. My parents are always good for some fun treats!  Pecan Log, a box of Figis cheese and sausages, and I believe this included a chocolate tie;)
The girls and I got him some new sunglasses (okay.... he picked those out himself), camping chair (we are trying to convert to these super compact ones) and his beloved Chocolate Almonds.


These girls are the luckiest! They have one of the best guys I know to call Dad.

1 comment: