Friday, June 23, 2017

Camp Wild

A post by Emmrey .. ... 

Ah, Camp Wild what a great adventure! I was able to get into the camp because of my amazing Dad who works for Game and Fish. It was at Curt Gowdy Lake, and it was run by game and fish. I was really excited to do a camp that's all about the outdoors. I had never really done a summer camp before in my life, but now I have. So let me tell you all about it.
Day one was probably the most fun day at camp. Everyone was new and so it was fun to get to know people. We started in the pavilion every day. The first day we sat there and made name tags out of tree discs. We got to eat snack in less then 30 min. from the start of the day. Everyone wanted it then instead of later. For me, it wasn't to appetizing to eat Cheez-its, and  chips at 9:30 a.m. I mean I just ate breakfast! I was shocked to walk into the outhouse to find that it smelt delicious! It seriously smelt like bath and body works, with a hundred different scents!
My least favorite part about camp was Mr. Cowboy. This cowboy had his very own cowboy hat. Which is fine, but when you cant see your project cause his 3 ft wide hat is in the way, then there's a problem. I asked him several times politely to take his hat off for this one project, and he refused.Of course I wasn't going to cry to one of our leaders so instead I demanded him to take of his hat, in the least harsh way. Again he refused. I wanted to just flip off his cowboy hat but I knew that he would go cry to a leader telling on me. We got to do some little hikes too. Some kids packed like we were walking around the world. For me I just brought my water bottle.
On the last day we got to do archery, and fishing. I have to admit archery was scary for me. They explained every injury we could get. My eyes watered a little bit, but Carli was nice and she comforted me. Of course Mr. Cowboy was going next to me. I was determined to beat him. I shot and my arrow bounced off the antler, but Carli said it counted. I didn't win but I smiled when later that day I saw he was trying to spit on the ground and instead it landed on the very tip of  his cowboy boot! Fishing would have been more fun if I caught a fish. 
Another not fun part about camp was the survey. The survey had impossible questions which I didn't know how to answer. we also played in a sand trailer. It had sand and water running through it. It felt so good on my hands. It was also a little messy.
This is the Rock that everyone called turtle rock but its supposed to be a bison. There were some ups and downs about camp but over all camp was a great experience.

1 comment: