Sunday, June 5, 2016

Karsyn is 14!

Each year that I get this out and another photo is added is bittersweet. While I love watching my girls grow and reminiscing about years past, my heart also hurts for the time that has slipped through my fingers. I honestly think I say this every year, but "I cannot believe Karsyn is turning 14!"
Karsyn's 14th birthday began with breakfast in bed a little earlier than I think she hoped  (it was 8:00) We woke her up with Cinnamon French Toast and Chocolate Milk.
 She opened her gift from Grampa & Gramma Fortie (new shorts, tees, and sandals for summer)
 Since she was up and we didn't have anywhere to go right away, we had her open the rest of her gifts too. Her sisters gave her some Bath & Body Works goodies.
 Kars has really been into the Divergent/Hunger Games series this year. She has read all the books and now wants all the movies. Allegiant isn't out yet, but she was happy to get the Hunger Games pack. She was also pretty ecstatic about getting a Lokai bracelet.
 and some new Nikes (size 9 for the record).
 This girl has asked for a puppy every Christmas and Birthday for the last few years. Poor thing did not get a puppy again, but as luck would have it this little guy was lost in our backyard and she got to walk him around the neighborhood to find his home. His name is Carlos:)
 
Her lunch choice was Noodles & Co where she enjoyed Mac N Cheese
 and we all enjoyed sitting out on the patio overlooking Old Town Fort Collins
 We then headed to Fort Fun to ride the Go Karts
 as well as the Paddle Boats
 We came home and relaxed a bit and then grilled steaks for dinner. If you know Kars she is a meat and potatoes kind of girl. We don't eat a lot of meat around here (especially steak) so this was a treat for her.
 She chose Cheesecake for her dessert in place of birthday cake.
 We watched some of her birthday videos and called it a night since we were traveling the next day. We sure love our Kars, Karsy, Lu, Eva, KEBS, Beans and are so glad she is in our family:)

No comments:

Post a Comment