Thursday, June 23, 2016

Father's Day 2016

With the girls just getting back from days of high adventure, Father's Day was kept pretty relaxed. I am sure Mark's choice would have been to go camping or at least spend the day in the mountains but we had obligations at church which meant it would be after noon before we could have got away.  So instead we treated him to lunch at Dickey's. He loves BBQ and quite frankly the rest of us are a little burned out. I think getting to go there for lunch made him pretty happy:)
We spent the afternoon relaxing at home. Mark got to nap and I even napped with him for a bit which rarely happens (I am not much of a napper unless I am sick). Later we had a picnic at our new Community Park.
 Of course Gorden came along for the festivities
 Emmrey wrote Mark the sweetest poem ever. She pretty much got it spot on .. ..  so insightful!
I could not imagine a better dad for these girls of ours. 
He is the best!

1 comment: