Thursday, March 3, 2016

Pinewood Derby

Emmrey got to compete in the Pinewood Derby with the Scouts the end of February. I have never been to one of these so I wasn't sure what to expect. It was certainly more high tech than I had imagined. It took FOREVER for the guy to get everything in sync with the track and his laptop so the times/places would be automatically entered electronically. I was seriously beginning to lose my cool. Let the kids just race their cars already and forget the stinkin' computer!
FINALLY the racing started. Emmrey's "Lucky Duck" in lane 2
Some of the Activity Day girls cars
It was fun to see the creative designs the girls came up with. They did pretty well too!
Emmrey was pretty excited about her design and Lucky Duck 11 was pretty lucky. She raced 3 times and came in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place .. .. improving every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment