Monday, February 29, 2016

SCUBA

This semester Karsyn is in a Science Adventures class at school. Last week she got to attend a SCUBA workshop at High Plains Scuba Center. This was the crew for the first nights session.
They spent about a half hour in a classroom getting an intro and then another 1 1/2 hours in the water
 It took them a bit to figure out how to get themselves to "sink" using the BCD (buoyancy control device).
I have only ever snorkeled and honestly don't know if I am capable of scuba diving ... I think I would panic. I was feeling anxious just watching them:) Kars said sometimes she would forget to breathe because typically under water you hold your breath.
These kids all did so great and they had so much fun together!
Kars, Sergio, Josh, Haley, Rachel and Shea
Karsyn is now trying to convince us to plan a SCUBA trip:)

No comments:

Post a Comment