Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Turning 16

It happened. I knew it would. Yet still it leaves me in a state of shock. During those days of having three under the age of 7, I couldn't even imagine having one 16 year old. Now I've had two hit that milestone! I have enjoyed every part of being momma to this cutie {even the hard parts}.
Kars gave us quite a different experience in parenting. We thought we kinda had things figured out and she proved us wrong. I wouldn't have it any other way!
I have found so much joy in her unique personality. Don't get me wrong, it has been challenging at times, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Kars has always had a strong sense of independence and wanting to figure things out on her own. This came at a price of lots and lots of falls. When she was a few years old, she would remind me as we passed various parks in Cody "member I fall down der?" or "member I got an owie der?" ... and she was right. Every time we went it seemed. But .... it never stopped her from trying again.
Don't let all the busy/on the move fool you. This girl is also a very deep thinker and very aware of the world around her. This is one of our favorite pictures of her. It captures so many sides of her personality.
Kars has taught me about passion. Some of hers have been short lived and others linger, but when she decides she is interested in something she is all in. 
She has helped me to lighten up and not sweat the small stuff, simply because of the type of person she is {this is a work in progress for me}
She shows true confidence in who she is ... a natural beauty!
We are so lucky this little soul came into our lives. I want her to still be 6 so that I have her longer, but I love seeing the amazing 16 year old she has become. We love you the most Lu!


No comments:

Post a Comment