Wednesday, May 30, 2018

SWEET 16 {round 2}

It was an unusual year in that school was still in session on Karsyn's birthday.  We all had somewhere we had to be that day {school/work/training/finals}. Kars didn't have time for breakfast, let alone in bed, so we started the day out pretty ordinary. Emmrey and I got home first so we set out to get things decorated for her arrival. Emmrey worked hard to jazz up her room.
We got her pictures all hung and her presents all ready.

She didn't want a party or anything fancy, just a night out for dinner. We headed to Old Town to try Beau Jo's. The pizza was good, but so ridiculously filling. We really liked that they serve honey to dip the crust in. I think I would go back for their salad bar!
Emmrey had been talking for weeks about this great idea she had for Karsyn's birthday. She wanted to do something along the lines of "ghost of birthday past". We worked together to come up with a Scavenger Hunt/Puzzle game that turned out to be a lot of fun. Kars got them all figured out first, but Bay was a close second. 
Then she opened gifts. The wish list items she got this year: North Face jacket, Patagonia hat, sandals, perfume, pearl choker, Gemini candle from Emm and a sweet note from Bailee. She got a kick out of this little Eat Your Peas advice book that Gpa Wayne & Gma Cheryl sent as part of their gift. She especially loved that on one of the pages grandma included her number so Kars could text her whenever she wants to💗
We watched the video I had made her and ended the night with Cherry Cheesecake. I hope her life continues to be all that she dreams ... and she dreams a lot;)

No comments:

Post a Comment