Sunday, October 16, 2016

The Farm with friends

Emmrey had a fall break from school this past week. After a few days of cold and wet weather things were looking just right for a fall outing. There is a farm in  Fort Collins that we visited with friends back in our Laramie days. Bailee and Karsyn were just little tykes and don't recall much about it. I decided that Emmrey and I would have a little outing there together. While waiting for the temperature to warm up a bit, a couple of our daily neighborhood friends came a knockin'. I am not sure what possessed me, but I told Emm she could invite them to join us. 
Scarlet, Chloe and Emm
The farm was smaller than I remember (of course our girls were smaller too), 
but still had all the makings of a fun afternoon. 
The Farm at Lee Martinez Park
I bought the girls some feed and they went about feeding every animal they could
 Emmrey especially liked feeding the big woolly sheep and the ducks
They aren't allowed to feed the horses or pigs but they loved petting them. They had some interesting ideas about all these animals an their behaviors ... bunches of information;) 
They liked naming them all too.
 As we walked through a small Ag museum, I spotted this sack of flour on display. 
I have an apron made of one of these by Mark's sister Tanya.
 These girls are full of energy! You know the kind of energy that can make you question your decision to bring them along ... ha! They had a real good time together.
 Emm did tell me on the way home that it is "hard to share your mom sometimes". I couldn't agree more.

No comments:

Post a Comment