Saturday, October 1, 2016

A night in Alamosa

After a day of driving and sledding at the Sand Dunes, we stayed over night in Alamosa. For me, a big part of the fun on a road trip is seeing new places along the way. Mark and I went for a walk early in the morning and it was fun to check out the area. The downtown wasn't much to speak of, but it did have a Nestle Toll House shop. We did not get to stop in there :(
 I loved this mission style County Court House
And this little museum had the coolest artwork displayed all over the exterior
We loaded up the car and headed toward our main destination.
 
But wait ..... we stopped along the way at a rest area and I could not leave without snapping a photo of this bathroom! I could just imagine this cute little caretaker covering the trash can with old wallpaper flowers to make it look nice. I don't think in all our countless rest area stops I have ever seen a more decorated restroom. Check out the trimmed out mirrors!

No comments:

Post a Comment