While the older girls were baking in the sun at their all day rehearsal at the stadium, Emmrey and I were doing our own baking at Harvest Farm. The difference is we only lasted a few hours and we had Kona Ice to cool us off. Her soccer coach had coordinated a little end of season get together. The Fall Festival can hit you hard in the pocket book, so the fact that we were able to go at a group rate sealed the deal.
I'm really not complaining about the weather. How often do you have 80 degree temperatures in October. If I would have dressed for summer it would have been perfect.
There is no shortage of activities at the farm. In between visiting the animals and watching the pig races, Emmrey did a scavenger hunt and shot corn from the cannons .. .. she loved that!
They also had a bubble making station
And before we left we joined most of her team for a trip through the corn maze
We also did a hayride and learned all about the mission of Harvest Farm. I knew most of what our guide told us from volunteering there before, but I love the good they do there to help men dealing with addiction/homelessness get their life back on track. We need more programs like this!






No comments:
Post a Comment