Wednesday, May 14, 2014

[good reads]

One of my very favorite things to do with my girls is read together. The problem is finding time to read all the books I want to read with them. Oh how I miss the days of my little girlies hanging all over me as I tried to read all the words before having the page turned prematurely to see the next picture.  We still love our picture books, but it has been fun to dig into chapter books together now that they can all enjoy them.  Lately we have been doing a lot of reading together...and boy do I LOVE it!! 
A few books that we have recently read and really loved.   
1. The Book Thief -Bay and I read this one together. Crazy thing is we bought this book for all her friends last Christmas and for some reason we didn't get a copy for ourselves.  So before we see the movie, we wanted to read the book....so so good:)  Eventually I will read this one with Kars and Emm too. 
2. WONDER...a story about a boy named Auggie, born with a facial deformity. The girls enjoyed this book so much...even Emmrey.  Kars would ask daily if/when we were going to get to it.  A must read for everyone  [in my opinion].  
3. The Fault In Our Stars-Bay really wanted to read this one after we heard it was also being made into a movie.  I was really glad we decided to read it together, because although it is written for the "young adult", I thought several parts of it were a little too graphic for a 14 year old.  So if I was reading, I could just skip over bits and pieces:/  An excellent book nonetheless and we are anxious to see if the movie does it justice [typically they don't]
4. Divergent-  Kars and I are just starting Divergent.  I am liking it already.  Kars has a bit of an advantage [or spoiler] since she already saw the movie with her friend when Mark took them to Cody for a visit. 
5. Imagination Station [or some series like it]- Emm has read almost all of the Junie B books and now she has been kinda into this Imagination Station series.  She will read a few and then find a different series she wants to try out.
Can't wait to find some more good books for summer reading:)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review, I have actually debated buying 3 of these books. I'm waiting for Kelsey to finish both Divergent and The fault in our stars so I can read them. I have to go get Wonder now. I love reading with the kids too.

    ReplyDelete