We were very blessed to have 2 full weeks in Utah soaking up some serious family time. It is always so hard to leave and re-enter "real life". We did some super fun things, but we also worked in some free time to just take it easy. We did a lot of playing.....playing with new toys, playing with grandma's Rainbow Loom, playing the piano, playing pool, playing school [that grandpa is a good sport] and playing games with the fam on many many nights...which I never grew tired of:)
We spent a fair amount of time around the Valley Fair "plaza" [mostly eating at Zupas....oh how we love that place] It is so different over there and while they have added some great things [like Zupas:)] I always find myself missing the old days/times when I worked at the mall. I was pleasantly surprised to run into a gal I worked with at ZCMI...who now works at Deseret Book. It was so much fun to catch up with her a bit. Seems like just yesterday we were gettin' the Juniors dept ready for inventory....hard to believe it has been almost 20 years :/ The girls also went to see Frozen at the nice theater with Ashlee and Breckon...they loved that movie [guess I need to see it too]
It wasn't all play....but the work was FUN work. We helped Grandpa and Grandma take down their Christmas decor and get ready for the baby shower. We also walked through a half a dozen model homes and got all sorts of ideas that we may or may not actually use;)
Just about every morning, Mark and I would take a walk around the surrounding neighborhoods. Mark just LOVED hearing me reminisce about the good old days and who lived where...really he couldn't get enough!! The area as a whole has changed in many ways, friends and neighbors have moved on, but I love how our walks transported me back to my childhood days. We took all sorts of different routes and one morning found ourselves in front of my dear old Rolling Meadows.....I wonder if they are still the Raccoons???
Ahhh...just writing this post has got me missing our heavenly weeks in Utah.




Rolling Meadows changed their mascot while I was going there. They are now the Rolling Meadows "Rockets", unless that has changed again. And they put in actual walls to separate the classrooms right after I left.
ReplyDeleteNo way....the Raccoons were awesome!! Now I have got to figure out a way to get inside and check it out. Kinda sad that it has changed so much, but I do wonder how we learned a thing with the whole "open school" concept....crazy:)
DeleteLooks like it was a fun trip and relaxing. I'm a bit jealous you guys get to spend so much time back home. You have to go see Frozen...cute movie!
ReplyDelete