Monday, January 20, 2014

[ Fairy Tale: 20 years in the making]

Mark and I just celebrated our 20th Anniversary.....HOLY MOLEY....can that be real?  I always thought that when we had been married that long we would be OLD....and that is most definitely not the case;)  
In all fairness, we were babies when we got married.
We always said that we would be on a beach somewhere celebrating.  Little did we know that our 20th would roll around and we would be so involved with house/moving decisions and that throwing anything like that into the mix right now might put us over the edge :/ I do hope that beach is still waiting for us in the near future, but for now we will just celebrate with a trip to the hardware store.  Mark did surprise me with some pretty roses, and I left him a room full of 20 balloons attached to pictures of our 20 years together [getting these home was a MAJOR feat for me since I have a bit of a phobia with latex balloons]
[decorations courtesy of the girlies]
[as close as they could get to our wedding colors]
 Bailee had told us in advance that she and her sissies were wanting to make us a special dinner.  They really went all out with a Fairytale theme.  All the decorations were from different fairy tales that we had to guess.  They even made the kitchen doorway to look like the gingerbread house from Hansel and Gretel...which I forgot to take a pic of :( It was so fun to watch/listen to them working as a team. The menu was Cajun chicken pasta with salad and caramel apples.  It was a meal fit for a King and Queen....
It was quite a production .....and for a little bit things looked a little scary around our place. The thoughtfulness trumps the mess.....but .....the clean up part of these productions is something we are working on:)
It was such a nice way to celebrate our 20 amazing years together....surrounded by the 3 little people that have made it so amazing!!  We have been through a lot over the years and we have literally "grown up" together.  There is no one in the world I would rather spend my life driving crazy....ha!! 
I love you Marko...and even if there isn't a beach out there with our names on it....we always have our tree:)

No comments:

Post a Comment