Thursday, January 2, 2014

Mi Papa

We actually got to be with my dad on his birthday this year.  Although, he does not like to be the center of attention, and told us repeatedly that "he doesn't celebrate his birthday anymore", we DO celebrate it!!  He would not let us take him to lunch, we just had to do a little something to make it special so we got him some cupcakes from Sweet Tooth Fairy to go with his gift.  The girls may or may not have been a bit more excited about the cupcakes than he was and secretly hoped he would share;) [which he did].
 In honor of mi papa, I wanted to share 10 things I love about him. 
1. I love that he is humble.  He has never been a "showy" kind of guy.
2. I love that he has a great sense of humor and appreciates a good joke or funny story;)
3. I love that he is unselfish.  I cannot think of a time when he put himself before someone else.
4. I love that he is and always has been a great sounding board.
5. I love that he always worked so darn hard to provide for our very large family.
6. I love that he has given us kids so many funny stories to share about our childhood [vacations;]...and boy do we love sharing them over and over and we laugh just as hard every time.
7. I love that he takes such good care of my mom and is a good helpmate to her.
8. I love that he is saving the planet with his elaborate Recycling system he has going on.
9. I love that he is a smart guy.  I always felt so proud that my dad was a pharmacist...cuz I knew that took some serious brain power.
10. I love that he is such a awesome grandpa and so kind to my girlies.  I love that he is such a good sport and played school (1 on 1) with Emmrey nearly everyday we were there over Christmas.
I love all these things and more...but mostly I just love that I get to be his 5th daughter:)
Happy Birthday Papa!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have some good vacation stories you need to share. So nice you got to be there to help celebrate with him.

    ReplyDelete