Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year!!

We got to ring in the new year with extended family this year.  My brother Ryan and his wife Jenn were gracious enough [and brave enough] to invite us all over to celebrate.  Of course we were all too excited to get together.  We couldn't get enough of this crazy haired cutie;)
Jenn had put together this cute activity where you pop a balloon every hour to countdown.  Our girls still talk about how fun it was.  The first hour was to fill out reflection sheets.  I thought it was so crazy that they were almost identical to the ones we filled out as a family from last year [we must think alike;)]  Now if I could just find our sheets from last year so we could see how we did.....
The next hour (9:00) we did Resolution pictures.  This was so fun (for most of us). The girls thought of theirs pretty quickly...actually, Mark did too. I on the other hand, had a hard time thinking of what to write.  This either means I have too many things to work on, or nothing to work on:)  I wish it were the latter :/  Jenn sent all the pictures to everyone so we can encourage each other this year....yikes....I thought we could keep it between me and her;)
At 10:00 it was cereal box puzzle ..[Minute To Win It style].  The kids all tried there hand at it.  Kars had the lead with 49 seconds and then had it ripped from her with Bode's 47 second time....oh so close!!  In between all these fun activities we played games and ate yummy snacks.
The 11:00 hour brought glow sticks!!  The kids were in heaven in the basement with the lights out.  They gave me quite a show.
 11:45 was prep for the countdown.  We got our horns and party hats on and headed outside to see the fireworks that had already started.
 
Midnight was game on....Forties gone wild in the front yard....blowing horns and whistles up a storm;)  It was a super fun night. And we all made it to the end except for Olivia who managed to sleep through all our ruckus.
 Happy 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment