The kids get to experience all sorts of fun and educational activities like flint knapping, making fire, playing Native American games, touching a real Buffalo heart, and tasting flat bread with sarsparilla.
Oh...and they had been earning Buffalo Bucks the second half of the year to use at the Trading Post. They were able to buy all sorts of
They also learned about old west dress and they got to pick out a little something to try on for an Old Time photo....aren't they cute!!
**On a side note- we have driven past this cute little school hundreds of times on our way to Yellowstone, but I have never actually been inside. I was able to tour the school ....and I am seriously considering sending Kars and Emm there next year:} It is a K-5 school with about a dozen kids. Depending on enrollment, they have a K-2 class and 3-5 class. The teachers have so few students they are able to individualize the instruction for each grade levels curriculum. It is something to think about for sure!!
No comments:
Post a Comment