Saturday, May 19, 2012

{Crush}

Karsyn's best buddy in 4th grade has been Mason.  They have been in the same class for the last 3 years, and while they have been friends all of those years, this year things have gone to a whole new level.  It is not too surprising since Kars has always seemed to get along better with boys and gravitate toward what they are doing.  In Kindergarten her closest little friend was a boy and they were inseparable until he moved away...sad sad day:{
Well, these two have been teased that they are "boyfriend/girlfriend", which is just silly....they are 10!!  But I say "who cares, let them say what they want, what is wrong with a BOY and GIRL clicking and genuinely liking to be around each other?"  I'm afraid the only one that might truly have a {crush} is ME!  If I am being honest, I am thrilled that they have become such close friends since I have had a soft spot for Mason since Kindergarten Camp 2007.  I must share the story........Storms have always made Karsy very anxious, and thunder could make her a downright mess.  Even now she gets uneasy when it begins to show signs of a storm.  The summer before she started Kindergarten she was attending a 1/2 day camp they offer here to get kids ready for school.  It was one of those summer afternoons when a thunderstorm came rolling in.  At the first sound of thunder, my heart ached thinking about my little girl and imagining her absolutely terrified.  I considered running up to the school to check on her, but decided against it since I had already forewarned her teacher of her fear and asked her to call me if ever Karsyn became inconsolable {any loud noise was terrifying to her in her younger years}.  Luckily the storm came during the last hour of camp that day and as afternoon thunderstorms do, it rolled out pretty quickly.  I made sure to be one of the first parents at the school for pick up.  As soon as the kids were dismissed, I moved to her teacher and asked her how she did with the thunder.  She told me that she did get a little upset and teary, but that a little boy in the class had come right over and put his arm around her and told her it would "be okay". She said that he kept his arm around her and didn't leave her side until it was time to go home.  I later learned that this kindhearted little boy who had comforted my little girl when I could not, was Mason.  Ever since he has held a special place in my heart.  So if my girls are going to have a "boyfriend", I can only hope that boy will be as well mannered, kind and respectful as Mason.  So yeah....maybe I do have a bit of a CRUSH!!!
Maybe an arranged marriage isn't such a bad idea;}

No comments:

Post a Comment