A few happenings lately according to my phone. Karsyn had a school dance she had to help at with her Eagle Power group. I volunteered at the dance as well. I didn't see much of her as she was mostly in the cafeteria and I was chaperoning the dance in the gym. It was pretty entertaining to watch the kids with all their middle school awkwardness and yet there was something really endearing about it as well:) Kars was the best cleaner at the end of the dance. I was so proud and thought maybe just maybe she really is learning to like to clean from her mom ...maybe?
I am so proud of this girl of mine. She is so confident she didn't even mind me being at the dance ... I didn't embarrass her at all!
The class that attends school in our basement had a substitute ...Miss Rogers. Man I sure hope I make an impression like that when I sub.
Bailee helped coach at the region meet for Special Olympics in Loveland.
Karsyn's church group used our house for an activity. They made cinnamon rolls and smoothies.
Emmrey made a RETURN box for her classroom library at school. She basically promoted herself as a class librarian and her teacher thought it was a pretty awesome idea so she went with it.
Bailee sang at the CHSAA (Colorado High School Activities Association) Music Festival. They sing a few numbers for a group of adjudicators and are then given feedback/evaluation for their performance. As far as I know, they haven't got the results yet but it did warrant a stop at one of our favorite bagel shops before returning to school.
We spent part of Earth Day picking up our seedlings from CSU Forest Service Nursery. We got some Lilac bushes and NM Privet. They are so tiny right now so I am anxious to see what they do.
We've been taking lots of walks. Sometimes little friends join us.

There was a Read-a-thon in progress one Saturday. Somebody really wanted to finish a book for her reading goal. She takes the whole AR thing pretty serious.
We had 6 tons of rock delivered to our driveway. Boy was that fun hauling it to the backyard. It took several days of work but we finally got it where we want it.
We have also been spending a fair amount of time at the soccer field (when it doesn't get rained out;)






No comments:
Post a Comment