Saturday, May 28, 2016

ART Sub

For the past 5 weeks I have been an Art teacher at Emmrey's school. The regular art teacher took a flukey fall while doing crosswalk duty and broke her knee cap in two places. She has been out recovering from surgery.  I am sad for her, but it has been a great experience for me:) While I don't have any official training in Art, I am really enjoying teaching it. Other than the constant repetition of directions and the constant mess....it's GREAT!! I have even learned how to operate the Kiln and am now adding that to my Resume;) Those kids LOVE clay projects.
Every class had a few kids that were more than willing to help with extra clean up. The days we painted were especially messy. After one such a time, I went to the sink to find this. I thought it was pretty cool....Sink Art!
Along with my teaching duties I had one day a week of before and after school Crosswalk duty. Sometimes this cutie helped me out!
I had the kids put together this flower bouquet for 
Mrs. Whisenhunt.
It didn't take long for the cute notes/pictures to start flowing in from students. 
I even got a few apology notes for bad behavior:(
My favorites were from my little gal. I loved looking at these everyday. I mean who doesn't want to be reminded they are a Meraculous Obidient Miricle-Worker:)
It was a very rewarding experience for me and the best part was getting to see Emmrey everyday and having her pop in and say hi as she walked by in the hallway.
Just after getting her Cougar Character Award
Or spending a few extra minutes with her in the morning before she headed to class. This day she was heading out for a field trip at CSU. She was sooo excited about wearing her rain jacket that she was wishing for rain.
 By the end, I wasn't the only one who felt at home there in the Art Room
It was pretty sad to say goodbye to the kids and my second home for a month+. Because I worked up through the last day of school, I got a taste of what it's like to say goodbye to students at the end of the school year.... definitely a bitter sweet feeling. 
So glad I had this wonderful opportunity!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun class to get to sub in. Love the flower bouquet, super cute.

    ReplyDelete