Sunday, May 15, 2016

Mother's Day Weekend

I was lucky enough to have my parents out for a visit for Mother's Day weekend.  It was too short {always is} but they were able to see Emmrey in action and spend lots of quality time with us. Emmrey had a soccer game AND dance recital on Saturday so that pretty much occupied our time. As luck would have it, the weather was pretty crappy the whole weekend and we sat in the cold for the soccer game.
Didn't bother Emmrey one bit. She was thrilled as can be that they were there to watch her:)
 
She only got to play half the game because she had to get to her dress rehearsal. We were pretty bummed to rush from the game and find that the Middle School was still locked. Apparently there was some miscommunication and the district didn't have it on the calendar. So we sat around and waited for a half hour before they got someone to come and unlock it. This put everything behind a half hour so people were showing up for the recital and having to wait at the doors while the rehearsal was still going on. I haven't been overly impressed with the professionalism of the teacher and organization, but it is just getting started here and I know there are still kinks to work out. 
And for Emmrey's first experience with a dance class, she really loves it.
She loved the extra attention of having her grandparents there. She was beyond thrilled about that!
And her sweet school teacher came to this recital too. We really got lucky with such a caring and thoughtful teacher this year. We had fun playing with baby Blake:)
After the recital we headed downtown to the Wellington Grill for dinner. This place is one of only a few restaurants in our little town.
 It is small and the bar takes up most of the space. With mostly booths, they are not really set up to accommodate larger parties but luckily they had a few tables available to pull together for us. The food was pretty decent too.
We went back to our house for some evening entertainment. Karsyn played some songs on her guitar for my parents.
We played a word game my mom brought that was really fun. She was smokin' us all in the beginning.
Sunday morning we made brunch for my mom {and me since Mark and the girls really did all the work}
This head chef made Belgian Waffles with strawberries and whip cream, Mini Frittatas and bacon. He even cooked the bacon out on the grill because he knows I don't like that smell in the house. What a guy!
His guests were all pretty impressed!
We spent the afternoon visiting and enjoying each others company.
 Mark gave me a new down sleeping bag for camping and maybe even another backpacking trip:)
We gave my mom this cute little bag. I had it custom made for her scooter so she can have her phone and other necessities close by. I hope she finds it useful.
I love gifts of the simple homemade kind. I got cards, a poem and even a homemade puzzle from my sweet girls.
The BEST gift this year was that I got to be with my Mom. 
I love her so so much!
 We went to my parents hotel later that evening for a pizza party and swimming in the pool. 
 
It kinda seems like all we did is eat all weekend;) We did show them all they are missing on FB (ha...that's a joke;) and got them updated on a few of their grand kids by sharing their latest photos.
 
Kars also had fun distorting our faces with an app on my camera. She thought it was pretty hilarious turning us into some sort of rodent?
It was a memorable Mother's Day weekend for sure. I am thankful every single day (some more than others) that these three cuties call me Momma:)

1 comment:

  1. How special you got to spend the day with your Mom on Mother's day. Looks like it was a well spent weekend. Love that bag you got your Mom, very chic.

    ReplyDelete