I feel like I am in a bit of a fog lately. I don't know if it's the house or if I can use the excuse that I am still adjusting, but everything seems to creep up on me. I felt like I started thinking about Easter pretty early, but then all of the sudden it was here and I was sort of scrambling to get it together. We are really trying to scale back with holidays and simplify a bit. We would like to focus on the real meaning and have a few traditions that we stick to without making it too much of a production.....but it sure is hard to find that balance sometimes. Of course you must color eggs....right?
Just getting started....
The finished products ( - a few that had already been "deviled")
The Easter bunny made it to our house....
and the hunt was on.....
That crazy bunny hid some out of reach that required a little help from a friend....and more than one attempt:)
Looking high....
and low.....
It was such a gorgeous morning (nicest one we remember having in a long time), our little friend even came by to say Happy Easter
Then it was off to church...but not before a few tastes from the baskets. Our lone little Peep lover was thrilled to get her Peep Pop:)
The weather was so beautiful we had to work in a quick stop at the Botanical Garden for a picture on the way to church (although no flowers quite yet)
The girls were patient for long enough.....
We did a little something extra and had a Glow in the Dark Egg Hunt at night. It was so fun in just our small little house....it would be a blast in a big space/yard with lots of people (cousins??)
I am so glad we get to do all these fun traditions for Easter, but even more glad for the opportunity we have to reflect on the life of our Savior. Bailee had been sharing some sweet videos with us during the week. I particularly loved this one....and loved being able to recognize all that is good in my life is "Because of Him"
HaPpY eAsTeR!!

Looks like a beautiful day. Love the idea of the glow in the dark hunt. Funny we have one lone peep eater too!
ReplyDelete