Friday, April 18, 2014

Devastation

Yesterday was a day that Emmrey had been looking forward to for a long time.  The 1st graders were going on a  field trip to Fort Collins to visit the Landfill and Children's Museum....and I was all set to chaperone.  Emm had been talking about it for weeks and counting down.  The night before her excitement was mounting as she laid out her bright green Deming Miller school shirt.  She assisted in making a lunch for both her and I with enthusiasm and was waiting in bed for "tuck in" at record speed.  So when I awoke early in the morning to Bailee in a panic that "Mom...Emmrey is throwing up"... my heart sank.  Poor little girl just kept crying, "but I have my field trip today" in between heaves.  So instead of checking out the landfill and exploring the museum she pretty much spent the day in bed, sleeping, listening to mom read books or watching movies...with our trusty "puke bowl" close by:( 
 
 When I got out my lunch to eat by myself (since she couldn't keep anything down)...I found the sweetest little note she had put in my bag the night before.  Broke my heart<3
She was so DEVASTATED that we missed the field trip.  We did get to spend the day together, but not in the fashion we had planned. Makes me sad just thinking about it.  Hopefully we'll be on board for the next one that comes around:)

1 comment:

  1. Awe that is so sad. That note was too sweet. Hope she doesn't miss any more fun days, those are the worst to be sick.

    ReplyDelete