Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Mazatlan

Spring Break ended and we all headed back to our routine.....except Mark....he headed off to Mazatlan for a Fisheries Conference.  To say I was disappointed that I wasn't able to tag along on this one would be an understatement....the timing just wasn't right:(  So while he got to spend a week soaking up the sun in beautiful Mexico, the girls and I got to have some quality mother/daughter time:)
The lack of communication due to lack of cell/internet service got on my nerves.  With the house getting down to the last month, there were several decisions and little hiccups that needed attention.  I can be pretty indecisive and when it comes to decisions on the house, I really like to have time to pour over everything for a while.  When your building a house you don't have that luxury=serious STRESS for me!!  Needless to say, I was very happy to have him back.  The girls missed him terribly too.  They made him this fancy little sign to welcome him home (at 2 in the morning).
Once he finally woke up the following morning (afternoon) he quickly dug through his bag for the gifts he brought the girls. The enjoyed some unique treats from Mexico as well as a beautiful piece of silver jewelry for each of them (B-earrings K- ring E-necklace).  He also brought me a gorgeous little Mexican Nativity....I love it:)  The gifts were great...but it was really just nice to have him back !!

1 comment:

  1. Mazatlan...must be a posh new job. Too bad you didn't get to go along for that one, If I remember right that's where you went on your honeymoon? I know how that is making decisions..you really need that other person to bounce off ideas. Can't wait to see your new house!

    ReplyDelete