Friday, May 29, 2020

18~ Karsyn Eva

18 years ago you made me a "momma" for the second time
18 years ago you showed me that my heart could in fact double with love for a child
18 years ago I learned what it meant to be flexible [still learning]
 We have journeyed through 18 years of learning and growing together. For 18 years you forced me to change the parenting blueprint that I thought I could so easily follow. It has been 18 years of having my eyes opened and my ideas challenged.
At 18 years you are witty, curious, perceptive, and focused. You have a knack for technology and figuring out how things work. You are a peacemaker and can quickly change moods with your humor and light personality. I have learned so much from you during the past 18 years. You have forced me to examine the things that really matter and loosen my grip on the things that don't. 
 I  look at you with awe. Sometimes having a hard time believing that you are the wide-eyed little baby they put into my arms 18 years ago. But underneath the self-assured adult you have become still exists the little girl who was obsessed with basketball shorts, polo shirts and playing soldiers.
It is no easier the second time [in fact it may even be harder]. I was warned that the years would fly by. Thinking back on the past 18 years, it feels like a flash. I am watching you get ready for college and that metaphor about spreading your wings and flying actually makes sense. You’re getting ready to leap out into the world and I am both terrified and so proud.
 I am so impressed with you. You have already succeeded in so many ways in 18 years. You have been a proven product, in your decisions, your choices, and your drive. Continue to amaze me. Continue to blaze a path. Continue to be you Eva Lu!!


No comments:

Post a Comment