Eyestone held their traditional Halloween parade on Tuesday and I had offered to coordinate the 5th grade classroom party. They have very little time to change and get ready for the parade in the afternoon, so we skipped the white face makeup.
| Emmrey and some classmates lining up |
The 5th graders start the parade so I grabbed a spot in the main hallway so I could get back to the classroom for their party before the parade was over. 
I decided to do a Popcorn Bar. We had several different kinds of popcorn along with various mix-ins they could add. The kids LOVED it and it was great not having 20+ packages of cupcakes/cookies;) The parents were so awesome to jump into action right away and we had plenty to go around.
By the time the parade was over and the kids got their popcorn, there was only about 30 minutes left in the school day{ +clean up time}. I had a few games scattered around the room for kids that wanted to play. I also set up a camera on a tripod with a very simple backdrop for the kids to take their own photos.
The kids were fascinated with tripod. I snagged a photo with Emmrey and the incredible Miss Neal. This is her first year teaching and Emmrey really likes her. The class is a pretty great group of kids too.
The afternoon was fast and furious but the kids had a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment