Thanksgiving this year was a quiet one with just our little clan. The highlight was having Bay home for the first time since leaving for college. We have gone to visit her, but she hasn't been home. One of her friends is from the Denver area and so when her mom was picking her up on Tuesday to take her home, they offered to drop off Bailee since they would be going right through here. It worked out great since I was working that day and Mark would fly in Wednesday morning from Salt Lake.
It saved us a trip Wednesday afternoon and got her home a day early.
| cute door hanger from my parents |
We spent Wednesday relaxing and preparing food.
Mark prides himself with the family rolls and was trying to share his wisdom with the girls;)
Thanksgiving was low key. Mark and I went for an early walk while the girls slept in.
We stuffed ourselves with our traditional meal about 2:00.
Emmrey shared some tidbits about Thanksgiving history with us while we ate.
We waited a few hours before breaking out pie ...
... this year we limited it to Pumpkin and Reese's Pie (made by Bailee)
We tried a family picture. ....
We hung Emmrey's turkey again this year and I think it's funny that our semi-vegetarian still won't eat anything that resembles an animal. If it's disguised well she has less of an issue.
She was so mad when they wrote these last year and always reminds me that what she really wanted to write was a case to not eat meat at all but the assignment was to choose and alternative to Turkey;)
Weather was nice enough for Mark to build a fire in the pit to burn some dead garden stuff.
We ended the day watching Planes, Trains and Automobiles which the (teen) girls have decided is somewhat of a tradition. I was shocked and a little embarrassed for not paying closer attention to the rating, because we have all watched it together numerous times. I have ignorantly been subjecting my small children to an R-rated movie!! Ah well.... it is a classic and I guess I will just chalk it up to the way movie ratings have changed over the years:/ So so THANKFUL for this crazy crew of mine!
No comments:
Post a Comment