Sunday, November 5, 2017

Trick or Treat 2017

With the school festivities complete, we headed to main street for the downtown Trick or Treat. I love the atmosphere, but kinda despise the lack of effort the kids have to put into filling their buckets.
 The weather was cool, but nice enough to still be comfortable without jackets.
 Emmrey got lots of compliments on her costume and lots of remarks about "mimes don't talk", when she said Trick or Treat or Thank You:)
 We met Karsyn at home after she got off the bus and had pizza for dinner. Kars didn't necessarily want to collect candy, but she offered to take Emmrey around the neighborhood. In my theme driven mind, I had envisioned us being a family of mimes. When I presented the idea, Kars wasn't too fond of it and suggested that she would like to be a nurse instead {her future plans as of now}. I wrestled with some disappointment before reminding myself that Halloween isn't all about me and if my 15 year old wants to dress up, she ought to be able to wear something she is excited about.
 I dressed as a mime with Emm and rather than have Kars be the odd man out, Mark dressed as a patient. His buns peaking out from the gown were a little too full and unless he was sitting they looked more like two huge potatoes {or hemorrhoids}.  Ah well... he is always a good sport!
Our girls are good friends with two sisters, Kennedy and Raigan. They arranged to be dropped off in our neighborhood and they went Trick or Treating together. 

The candy haul was ridiculous as usual, but I do love that kids around here still do traditional Trick or Treating. It seems like all these community and church events are pulling families away from it.

Bailee had a Biology exam on Halloween and missed out on the festivities. It was strange not having her around. She did send me this a couple of days before ... creepy!
Another Halloween in the books!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment