Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Golden Lake

{** A post written by Emmrey Alise}
 
My Dad was taking me backpacking for the weekend like he had done the past years except this time I was taking a back pack too.
We unloaded our stuff and hit the trail for 3 miles!
We were hiking to Golden Lake. I was so excited ever since I heard the name.
Along the way we passed some creative artwork people had made.
Some of them being chairs.
They were perfect for taking breaks!:)
We got lost but if we didn't we wouldn't of been able to see some beautiful scenery including Elk Meadow.
We also passed quite a few flowers which I would name but honestly I don't remember the names.
As you can see in this photo we were in the middle of nowhere. No trail, No nothing.
We finally made it. It ended up being 4 miles not 3, but that's OK. We were both happy to arrive and TIERED.
We explored some camps and then found the best one we could and set up camp.
We had a perfect view of golden lake.
Even though we were tiered my Dad still wanted to go fishing cause nothing stopped him from fishing. So he got the pole's ready while I explored camp and then we walked down to the lake.
When we got down to the lake it was just breathtaking so my Dad just had to snap a photo.
I was so excited that we started right away!
Minute after minute. No tugs, and then pull! My Dad had one but it came off. It was our guess that it was dinner time so we made are way through the wet meadow back to camp.
For dinner my Dad had Sweet and sour pork and I had Macaroni and cheese.
 As my Dad was setting up the fire to warm us up he yelled "oh my gosh!"
I quick looked into the fire to see what it was. I didn't see anything. He pointed over into the bushes and there was a Nome welcoming us! That's why we named our camp Nome Camp.
The dinner was OK but mine was still a little crunchy!
After we finished dinner we tried fishing again but no luck.
We sat by the fire when we got back but didn't roast Marshmallows because Dad forgot them
We went to bed freezing that night but woke up peacefully.(like an angel)
 On our way back we stopped at a stream  and actually caught some fish.
   And found this historical cabin that my Dad thinks a miner lived in.
We finally made it back. Even though we were sad it ended I was glad we made the memory of Nome Camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment