Thursday, September 22, 2016

Fall Field Day

Eyestone switched things up a bit and decided to hold Field Day in the fall this year instead of Spring. Because I am on the PTO board I spent the majority of the day helping out.
Shana, Me, Lisa, Amanda, Jen
For the most part, Field Day is put on by the PE teacher. This year PTO played a bigger role and provided bounce houses which were a huge hit.
 I spent the day at the Tailgate Party which PTO was also in charge of. We had music, pizza and some parking lot games like Ladder Toss and Cornhole 
(in my world this was known as bean bag toss ... until now;)
The theme was "Kicking Off a Great Year" and the kids were encouraged to wear favorite sports team gear. Since we aren't big on pro sports around here, we didn't have any Broncos attire .. .. unbelievable right? Go Pokes!!
Classmates: Sophie, Emm, Trey, Tania, Raigan, Kaydence, Liliana
 I did get to sneak over and catch Emmrey's class at a couple of stations that were nearby. 
This one was a Game Day shopping relay.
I believe this was called Playoff. The PE teacher had to get creative to incorporate some of the equipment she has to fit the football theme. These two are so nice they did not want to hit each other with those pillows ... it was a little painful to watch;)
 The day was beautiful after a chilly start. Part of the reason the PE teacher tried fall was that spring often has unpredictable weather. We heard mixed reviews from parents and staff about having it this early in the year. I was just happy to sneak in some time with my girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment