Monday, October 5, 2015

Falling for Fall

Once I accept that Summer is truly over, I begin to get an itch for all things Fall. This usually happens at the first sign of that crispness in the air. The last weekend in September that itch was scratched as we spent the day in Rocky Mountain NP.
 In honor of RMNP's 100th Anniversary they had all sorts of projects set up in the Visitor Centers. Emmrey was more than happy to sit down and write a favorite memory she had in the park.
  She proudly added it to the tree

The window markers were available to write a message or draw on the picturesque windows. Mark decided to contribute a trout.
 We headed off to find us some fall foliage. We made a stop for a quick hike to Chasm Falls
  Unbeknownst to us, it was National Public Lands Day. So while we went looking for some solitude, we got this instead:(
 
We still managed to see some beautiful scenery on our drive
 
I commented to Mark how surreal it seems at times when I look at pictures of us with these growing girls
 
 I often feel like they are frozen in my mind like this ...
The biggest Elk sighting we had was in the Library parking lot in Estes Park. This was only a fraction of the herd. It was a serious jam of Elk and people and there was no place to go but out of there!
 We spent a little time on the streets of Estes
We grabbed a pizza at a local joint
 ... and enjoyed people watching a bit. We even got to listen to a live band that was just finishing up at the festival that was going on
We topped it off with a Caramel Apple from Laura's Fine Candies. With all these fancy choices, I went with the plain ol' caramel apple .... sometimes you just can't beat a classic.
  It was a pretty perfect Fall day fore sure:))

1 comment:

  1. Those views are amazing! Wish we could find a little fall color out this way.

    ReplyDelete