Emmrey went on a field trip this week to the Environmental Learning Center. I was happy to go as a parent volunteer. It was short and sweet (3 hours) and thankfully it was close by (FoCo) so I didn't mind the bus ride.
The ELC is run by Colorado State University as a way to connect people with nature in a preserved open space. The "tour guides" are natural resource students at CSU. The kids were taught about plants and animals that might live in the area as well as how to RESPECT nature.
They even got to core a tree to see how old it was. This is a way to learn about the tree without cutting it down. I thought it was so cool:)
The class was split in two groups. Mrs. Etheredge had half and these are the rascals I was in charge of.





No comments:
Post a Comment