Sunday, May 31, 2015

Schools Out!

Friday was the last day of school around here. Bailee didn't have to go since it was a makeup day for finals, which she had already taken. Karsyn and Emmrey had school until 11:00. I didn't have a lot of information about what the morning would look like at the Middle School. Kars just said they didn't have any classes?? Come to find out they had, among other activities, an award ceremony where Karsyn was recognized. I know it's not the end of the world, but I thought it was weird that they didn't inform parents in case they wanted to be there. She was awarded for improvement in Spanish, Excellence in Pre-AP World Geo, as well as the Edison Award in Science for her contribution of ideas:)
 Emmrey had a few mini parties as a reward for AR points, classroom behavior etc. They also celebrated the 5th graders who will be promoted. I have been fighting a cold/cough that is at times debilitating, so I didn't feel too bad about staying away. We gave her teacher this little framed tree a day or two before. She LOVED it!!
When the girls were all home, I took them to Pizza Palace, a local joint on main street. We have picked up a pizza from them once, but never tried the sandwiches. I figured it would be something different and although it wasn't the best sandwich ever, we enjoyed taking in the "small town charm" and talking about their day. Look how excited these girls are to be out of school!!
 Emmrey wanted a silly one. Her sisters didn't quite get what she wanted them to do, so this is what we got and she was pouting:(
I made the observation that 2 of 3 had on the same outfits from the 1st day of school. Coincidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment