Mother's Day plans were kinda up in the air due to weather. Bailee and I had already planned to volunteer at the state meet for Special Olympics in Laramie, but we were unsure we would even get there. The weather held off until after we had traveled there which was good, but it really started to come down and several teams left early to get home before the roads were too bad. We were kept very busy with our task of getting all the athletes in place for their event. It was crazy at times, but so fun to be able to do this with my Bailee.
Mark had already decided that since his other plans weren't suitable for the snow we should just stay over in Laramie and make a weekend out of it. The snow made it hard to do too much, but it was nice to not have to think about driving home. Besides, I like an excuse to explore our old stompin grounds.
We ate too much and swam in the pool/soaked in the hot tub for hours.
The next morning I was treated to breakfast in bed and showered with all these sweet gifts.
Lets get a closer look at some of those .... Kars made me this beautiful vase in pottery
along with this really cool aluminum craft in Spanish
Emmrey made me all sorts of little creations including a story she had written. She also included in her card that
"without me our house would be a dump"
My cute parents sent this shirt along with a truffle that was to die for. I wore my new shirt around all day:)
When we made it home that evening. Bailee set up the table all pretty with a couple more gifts she and Kars had made. She also served me her yummy Cajun Chicken Pasta for dinner.
This was what they had in those little boxes ... .. sugar scrub and bath salts which I enjoyed in the bathtub later;)
The girls also pooled their $$ to purchase this for me. Yep, that says "Poo-Pourri" folks. One might be offended by this (and maybe I should be), but I thought it was hilarious and so fitting. I guess my girls know me well and were trying to be considerate (of me or them??) The funniest part is the video advertisement they showed me .. .. oh my!!
Boy do I love these girlies of mine and I am thankful everyday that they made me a mama:)

No comments:
Post a Comment