Easter was a little off for me this year. I think part of it was that my mind is so full of other things going on right now that I just wasn't as into it and another part was that since we didn't have church that Sunday (due to Conference) we didn't do the whole Easter dresses etc. Don't get me wrong, I actually loved that we were able to stay home and relax all day ... it was just different. We colored eggs a couple of nights before. We have started dyeing regular eggs in addition to the hard boiled because we never eat as many hard boiled eggs as the girls like to color. This makes it a little tricky and we usually have some casualties....this year only 1.
On Saturday, Harvest Farm hosts a community Egg Hunt for kids under age 11. Kars and Bay were too old to participate and to be honest, weren't all that interested in going anyway. So we just took Emmrey over.
There is such a mass of people there that it really isn't a "hunt". The plastic eggs are pretty much just scattered all over the grass and it's race to see who can pick up the most (without being too greedy;)
Emm was excited to see her best buddy Izabella there too.
We wandered over to the animals, which is what Emmrey was more interested in anyway. She got to feed the big cows.
And the goats tried to feed on her basket.
Sunday morning the girls found their baskets had been filled.
Emmrey was so happy to add another Calico Critter family to her collection (Brightfield Goat Family)
almost as excited as she was to get her package of Peeps:)
Karsyn was thrilled to get some new headbands and Insurgent since she has to read the book before she can see the movie.
We headed outside for a real egg hunt. Emmrey typically finds all hers first. Bailee is typically last and Kars gets frustrated if she has to look for more than 5 minutes ....
It was a beautiful morning and as we searched all over the yard for eggs we were treated to a Hot Air Balloon going by
We made a pretty traditional meal of ham, potatoes, green beans, deviled eggs. I completely forgot the Snicker Salad Kars had requested when I asked the girls for ideas .. ... my head is too chaotic right now I tell ya. I did get festive and put together this carrot cheese ball so that counts for something right?
So as not to overdo it we waited until the following week to have our Glow in the Dark Egg Hunt.
And yes, Bailee did celebrate Easter with us. I was in such rare form I guess I failed to get pictures of her and didn't persist when she gave me a hard time about taking too many:)
Looks like an egg-celent Holiday. We have a peep eater like that too!
ReplyDelete