Bailee is in the middle of her 4th year with the Special Olympics swim team. This year she is working with the Northern Colorado team. They meet every Saturday in Loveland for a couple of hours. This is the third team she has volunteered with and they each have their own dynamic. Surprisingly, the team is not all that large given that it is comprised of several northern Colorado communities. A couple of weekends ago was the Regional Meet. I drove her early Saturday to Loveland and planned to just hang out at the meet rather than spend hours driving back and forth. I offered my help and was put right to work. It was so fun to get to work along side Bay as we got the athletes where they needed to be for their events.
I love the atmosphere at these meets. So much positive energy and pride in their achievements. They are equally as happy for others as they are for themselves which is so so refreshing!
| Bailee and Hunter |
| Jeremy, Ally, Craig and Julie with Bailee |
I am so glad that Bailee chooses to be a part of this organization. I see many more years of this in her future:)
What a special event to be a part of. Looks like she had just as much fun as the participants did.
ReplyDelete