Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Eve 2014

I know I have said this before, but I love Christmas Eve, more so than Christmas Day. For me, all the magic peaks on Christmas Eve and by the following day, it has lost its luster. We stayed home this year. Our first Christmas in our new house. The weather had been unseasonably warm and so Mark and I decided to go for a hike early on the 24th. The girls weren't interested this time, so it was just the two of us. We hiked the Black Powder Trail in Poudre Canyon. For a little bit we forgot it was December...
We came home and got things rolling for the big night. There was a puzzle or two being worked on all day long.
 Since we had already decorated Gingerbread houses twice this year, we decided to make gingerbread men .....from scratch I might add. The house smelled so yummy:)
 We had pizza and broke out the Egg Nog. I don't particularly care that much for egg nog, but we always had/have it Christmas Eve with my family and so it is in my blood I guess. It seems like I always buy it and our girls don't really drink it {they just like the idea of it}. This year I bought just a little container and wouldn't you know it.....this girl is a serious "nog head"....she LOVED it!
 We played some games, watched The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, and I read a few stories.  One of which is a family tradition of the Story of the Christ Child.
 The girls opened their gifts from us....look how surprised they are about getting PJ's and books;)
 They also opened their gifts to each other. They have to buy these with their own money they have earned so they just spend what they can or they can go in on a gift together.  Karsyn received the latest Diary of a Wimpy Kid and a hand knit beanie from Bailee and Poopaloopadingdong {emm} She was pretty happy!
 Bailee received her favorite B&B WorksVanilla Bean set from Kars and a leather bracelet and a Little House Christmas special from Emm {don't know where she gets that "Prairie lovin" from?}
 Emmrey was given a Movie Night kit from her sisters. This included treats and a ticket for 3 movie nights...her choice ....no complaints:)
 We had been checking Santa Tracker and knew we didn't have much time, so we got everyone ready for bed
 The Santa Key was hung on the door. Although we now have a chimney, Emmrey wanted to be double sure he could get it;) We left some goodies for Santa and his helpers....and a note...ALWAYS!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day/night. I am jealous you had nice enough weather to go for a hike..wow! Love the movie ticket idea, that is great.

    ReplyDelete